Monday, March 17, 2008

The perfect pile of poo

I just read, moments ago, a great article on composting: click here to go to the website.

See, I am trying to start a garden. Naturally, I want it to be the kind of garden that keeps giving back, however, since I have historically been a city girl all my life - and by "city girl" I mean that my day-to-day standard of living has always depended on commercial grocery markets - I don't know the first thing about gardening.

I also have big dreams for this garden of mine: I'm hoping to revolutionize the world with it. Of course, in order to be successful with it I am beginning to realize that I'm going to have to enlist the help of others, especially considering my lack of practical experience with gardening. Oh yes, I failed to mention that I'm trying to grow a vegetable garden. I have a book that has suggestions on how to grow a salad out of a container - I'm hoping that if I can do it myself and teach others how to do it, I can call my life a success! Or at least, this part of my life.

My motivation for starting this is twofold: the lack of quality at the supermarket, and the price of gas. I desire to have more control over the taste and nutritional value of my fruits and vegetables, which I can do if I grow my own. Furthermore, it will definitely be a heck of a lot cheaper to just walk out to the backyard and pluck fresh tomatoes off the vine than to get in the car - or walk to the bus stop - and travel to the grocery to get tomatoes.

But I have no idea what I'm getting into, and so far no supplies yet either. I only have deep hope and a vision, and the deeper hope that the greatest manifestation will be if I can teach others how to grow their own vegetable garden too!

----------------
Now playing: Vorisek - Symphony in D Major - 3.Scherzo. Allegro ma nin troppo [ Check National Symphony Orchestra-Paul Freeman ] ((((((((((( HappyClassic )))))))))))
via FoxyTunes

No comments: